Thursday 26 November 2009

Potential Names for my Magazine

I am looking to name my music magazine that has something to do with musical terms. My target audience are more than likely to know what it means as from research I have discovered they are interested in producing and making music themselves. I am aiming to think of something that is quick, catchy, easy to say and is no more than three syllables.
Here are some Ideas:

Atonal - Music that is written and performed without regard to any specific key.

Canon - A musical form where the melody or tune is imitated by individual parts at regular intervals. The individual parts may enter at different measures and pitches. The tune may also be played at different speeds, backwards, or inverted.

Maestro - Refers to any great composer, conductor, or teacher of music.

Vivace - Direction to performer to play a composition in a brisk, lively, and spirited manner.



I have decided to call my magazine Vivace as it's different and doesn't follow the path of just being another generic name. It's different but captures the audience so they don't forget the name and can refer it to other peers.
I think my magazine name will be successful because it fits in with the music industry and as I know from my research that 18-30 year old enjoy all different aspects of music, not just listening to it, so many are likely to have heard of the word before.

No comments:

Post a Comment