Wednesday 11 November 2009

Questionnaire

From research I have discovered that overall, people don't think there are enough magazines in the industry that are geared towards specialized types of music such as Alternative/Indie. I will create a magazine with this genre. From other extensive research I have found that males aged 18-30 are more likely to be interested in this genre. I think this magazine will be successful because theis age bracket are most likely to have a disposable income with loans from university and part/full time jobs.


1. Do you buy magazines regularly?
A large percentage of this age bracket do buy magazines regularly so I know my magazine will be successful.

2. How much would you be willing to pay for a magazine?
The most popular answer was £1-£3. This price is quite high and this is because people this age are more likely to have a disposable income and can spend more money than others.

3. What is your favourite subject?
I asked this question because I wanted to see what subjects people liked that were linked with music. As suspected, art was the most popular choice. When creating my magazine I will make my pages look quite art based and aesthetically pleasing.


5. Do you play any instruments?
Practically all of my target market played an instrument, so I know that they are interested in all aspects of music. The most popular choice was piano followed by guitar. I would benefit in maybe making a page about 'how to get the best out of your piano' or an interview with a professional piano player.


6. What type of articles would you be interested in a music magazine? (If neccessary circle more than one)
The vast majority of people were interested in seeing interviews. I will make my double page spread an interview as this is what people are interested in reading about.


7. What type of music are you interested in? (If neccessary circle more than one)
The most popular choice of music genre was 'Indie' so I will make my magazine targeted towards that genre.
Although, when I received my questionnaires back many people commented on the fact that I hadn't included the genre 'Alternative', the majority of people that made this comment were the people that liked indie music, linking these two genres together, I feel, will create a successful music magazine.






















Asked to both males and females aged 18-30.


1. Do you buy magazines regularly?

Yes No


2. How much would you be willing to pay for a magazine?

Free Less than £1 £1-£3 More than £3



3. What is your favourite subject?

Maths Science Art History Geography Drama
Other.......................



4. Do you play any instruments?
Guitar Piano Drums Other


5. What type of articles would you be interested in a music magazine? (If neccessary circle more than one)

New artists and info Up and coming gigs Interviews Competitions
Other.............................

6. What type of music are you interested in? (If neccessary circle more than one)

Rock Pop Top 40 RnB Dance
Other..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment