Thursday 19 November 2009

Target Audience

I have decided to use the genre of alternative indie for my music magazine. My main target audience are people between the ages of 18 - 30 years old. The type of people that would buy my magazine are interested in alternative music, that isn't mainstream and overly popular. My target audience prefer to think of themselves as having a specialized music taste. I have decided to focus my magazine on bands that aren't neccessarily widely known, but have loyal and supportive followers. Included in this, I will write articles about new bands that have just hit the scene and are making an impact on the music industry. This includes bands that have been successful in a small area such as their hometown and are branching out to gain more fans and become ultimately more successful. My target audience do not just like 'listening' to music, they are active in many different types of music such as producing, making and writing lyrics. 38% of 18-30 year olds are receiving some form of education and out of that percentage, 19% are studying a course that involves music. My magazine is mainly aimed towards males, as the indie alternative genre of music is dominated by males. Including images of both attractive females or stylish male band members will attract my target audience. Of course, though a small percentage, are still females so I will bare this is mind when creating my magazine and I will not make it completely male dominated. My target audience like to keep on top of what is popular, new releases and they also are very interested in attending gigs. I will devote a special page in my magazine to updating and informing to make sure they know the latest news. Using all the results from my questionnaire I will endevour to produce a music magazine that fits my genre and something that will both entertain but more importantly, inform my target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment